Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with our CRSM services.
- Purpose of collection: To load our CRSM services accurately for you, and to perform analytics on CRSM services usage to optimize CRSM services.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access CRSM services using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our processor Shopify and customer database Veevart.
Order and customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: To provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our processor Shopify, customer database Veevart and shipping partner FedEx.
Children Twelve and Under
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- If you opt-in to receive updates from us, we share Personal Information you provide in our forms, including your name, email address and mailing address with Mailchimp to send emails. For more information about Mailchimp, you can visit their security and privacy page.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Using Personal Information
We use the personal information you provide to us for internal purposes, such as analyzing trends and collecting statistics. With consent, we may publicly post the stories, pictures, and other content you provide to us. We may also compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, customers, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that identifies you directly.
If you have provided us with your email address, we may send you emails in order to inform you of events or activities that we believe may be of interest to you, or to alert you about sales or other promotional events at the Museum or Online Store. If you do not want us to use your email address to contact you for these purposes, please email us and we will remove you from the list.
Third party links
When you place an order through CRSM services, we will retain your Personal Information for our records.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Security of information collected
We take reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide to us from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Keep in mind that no method of information transmission can be 100 percent secure.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
American Airlines CR Smith Museum, 4601 Highway 360, Fort Worth TX 76155, United States
Last updated: 4/6/2022